NIS2 is a new European Union cybersecurity directive that comes into force in 2023. It is designed to strengthen the cybersecurity of essential services and digital service providers in the EU. The NIS2 Directive builds on the existing NIS Directive, but introduces a number of new requirements, including:
- A requirement for organizations to report cybersecurity incidents to authorities
- A requirement for organizations to implement a range of cybersecurity measures, such as risk management, incident response and information sharing
- An obligation for organizations to cooperate with each other and with authorities in responding to cybersecurity incidents
The NIS2 Directive applies to a wide range of organisations, including:
- Essential service providers, such as energy, transportation, and healthcare providers
- Digital service providers, such as online marketplaces, cloud computing providers, and social media platforms
- But it is important to emphasize that NIS 2 is also mandatory for companies with +250 employees or +€50M annual turnover
NIS 2 is mandatory for companies with +250 employees or +€50M annual turnover
How Kymatio helps organizations comply with the NIS2 Directive
Kymatio is a SaaS platform that helps organizations manage their human cybersecurity risks. It does this by providing a range of features, including:
- Human Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Kymatio’s awareness training program is designed to educate employees about cybersecurity threats and how to avoid them. The training is interactive and engaging, and is tailored to the specific needs of the organization
- Credential Exposure Risk Mitigation: Kymatio helps organizations identify and mitigate risks associated with compromised credentials. It does this by evaluating the existence of leaked credentials and providing employees with tools to protect accounts
- Social Engineering Attack Training: Kymatio’s social engineering training program is designed to train employees how to identify and avoid social engineering attacks
The Kymatio platform helps organizations comply with the NIS2 Directive in several ways. For example, Kymatio awareness training can help organizations meet the NIS2 Directive requirement to provide employees with ongoing training on cybersecurity threats.
Kymatio’s credential exposure risk mitigation features can help organizations meet the NIS2 Directive requirement to implement measures to protect against unauthorized access to systems and data.
Kymatio’s social engineering training helps organizations meet the NIS2 Directive requirement to implement measures to protect against social engineering attacks.
In addition to helping organizations comply with the NIS2 Directive, Kymatio’s platform can also help organizations improve their overall cybersecurity posture. By reducing the human risk factor, Kymatio can help organizations reduce the likelihood of cybersecurity incidents occurring.
The NIS2 Directive is an important piece of legislation that will have a significant impact on the cybersecurity landscape in the EU. Organizations that are subject to the NIS2 Directive must take measures to comply with its requirements. Kymatio can help organizations comply with the NIS2 Directive and improve their overall cybersecurity posture.